Monday, July 16, 2012

Juliets Journal part 5

Dear Journal,
Friar Lawrence and I have come up with a plan to end the family feud between Romeo and I’s families. If everything goes as we have planned then Romeo and I will be able to spend our life together without fear of our parent’s disapproval. In addition to ending the feud, it will show Paris to move on.
The plan is that I may take, a potion that Friar Lawrence made with his own two hands, and it will have the ability to go into a deep slumber for a few days. In those few days, my family shall mourn my death. This will prevent my marriage to Paris, which my parents are forcing upon me. From there Friar Lawrence’s plan is to get the news to Romeo that I shall be faking my death, and although there might be news that I have passed away, I am not actually dead. Friar Lawrence will manage my “funeral”, and then tell Romeo to appear at my tomb when I awake. Afterward my love and I shall run off and when both our families' anger has decreased, then Romeo and the Friar, and I will return and our family’s hatred will be healed. 
“I have a faint cold fear thrills through my veins.” Laying on my bed all memories of family and friends that I had thought I had forgotten came rushing back. My body is shaking uncontrollably, with every thought and worry if something might go wrong with this plan. Worries like if my dear love shall not get the message, or if I shall not awaken from this potion.
Before I take a taste a sip of my own death I wanted to write in these moments, especially if these moments turn out to be my final breaths. If they do turn out to be as I have said than I shall meet with Romeo, my love, in the afterlife.  We will walk hand in hand together one day whether it is in death or life. Our hands and eyes will meet again. In this moment as tears stream down my cheeks I only long for his touch. The only thoughts in my mind now are of fear.
So if anyone happens to read this private journal, which I have tried to hide from the world, I would like to say that I have a wonderful blessed life, yet now I would like to share this life with my husband. Now I will take a sip from this poison filled veil and drink. Drink for him, drink for me, drink for us.
Farewell,   Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment